Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Time Expectation | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Proctored Assessments | Your Email Account | Student Resources | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: PSY 215: Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
Semester: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Faculty: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Description and Prerequisites
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons.
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation.
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system.
- Ability to proficiently search the web for information
- Ability to download and print information from websites
- Ability to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Acquiring Textbooks and Course Materials
There is no official "attendance policy" for this course. However, it is expected that students are checking Blackboard and their NVCC email at least once per week to stay current with the course, stay informed about announcements, and submit work on time.
Grading Turnaround Time:
The instructor will aim to have assignments graded within 5-7 days of the assignment due date. Assignments will not be graded as they are submitted, but rather the instructor will begin grading once the due date has passed and all assignments are submitted. The instructor will leave comments regarding the grade in the Grade Center in Blackboard and it is your responsibility to read these comments and email the instructor if you have any questions.
Late Work Policy:
- This is a fixed deadline class which means that you must submit all grade activities when they are due. Assignments and other graded work submitted after the due date will receive a 0. It is the student's responsibility to meet the due dates or communicate *in advance* with the instructor the need for an extension.
- No late extra credit will be accepted.
- Assessments should be taken during the week assigned. Assessments taken within one week past the assessment due date will receive a 10 point deduction from their assessment score. Assessments taken more than a week past the due date will receive a 0 unless instructor approval is granted.
Withdraw from the Course
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
Your Email Account
Accommodation Policy and Statements
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.