Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Time Expectation | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Plagiarism and Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Exams and Using Exam Passes | Your Email Account | Student Resources | Technical Support | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: ECO 202 - Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Prerequisites and Description
Course Requisite Technical Skills
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system
- Capable of using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient searching the web for information
- Able to download and print information from websites
- Able to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Acquiring Textbooks and Course Materials
Late Work Policy
Grading Turnaround Time
All completed assignments will be graded no later than seven days after the due date, and sooner when possible.
The incomplete grade is used for verifiable unavoidable reasons. If you have made significant progress in your course, your end date is near, and you have reasons that can be documented as unavoidable, you may request a grade of Incomplete. To request a grade of Incomplete for this course, you must:
- Have satisfactorily completed 60 percent or more of the assignments (per VCCS policy)
- Explain your extenuating circumstances in writing
- Provide a plan for completing the remaining assignments in writing (all work must be completed by the end of the subsequent semester)
- The time you have to complete the course must be agreed upon with your instructor, but will be no more than one additional semester
Withdraw from the Course
Plagiarism and Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
Taking Exams and Using Exam Passes
There are 2 proctored exams in this course. The exams are online and must be taken in a proctored environment.
Print out the Exam Pass and read the directions which follow in Taking Exams.
Your Email Account
For technical assistance, please visit the NOVA Online IT Support website for contact information and support resources.
Accommodation Policy and Statements
NOVA Online Policies and Procedures
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of
course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course
structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.