Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Time Expectation | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Proctored Assessments | Your Email Account | Student Resources | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: ADJ 212 - Criminal Law, Evidence, and Procedures II (3 credits)
Semester: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Faculty: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Description and Prerequisites
Course Requisite Technical Skills
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons.
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation.
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system.
- Ability to proficiently search the web for information
- Ability to download and print information from websites
- Ability to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Acquiring Textbooks and Course Materials
Attendance Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Late Work Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Grading Turnaround Time:
All completed assignments will be graded no later than seven days after the due date, and sooner when possible.
The incomplete grade is used for verifiable unavoidable reasons. If you have made significant progress in your course, your end date is near, and you have reasons that can be documented as unavoidable, you may request a grade of Incomplete. To request a grade of Incomplete for this course, you must:
- Have satisfactorily completed 60 percent or more of the assignments (per VCCS policy)
- Explain your extenuating circumstances in writing
- Provide a plan for completing the remaining assignments in writing (all work must be completed by the end of the subsequent semester)
- The time you have to complete the course must be agreed upon with your instructor, but will be no more than one additional semester
Withdraw from the Course
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
Taking Proctored Assessments
Your Email Account
Accommodation Policy and Statements
NOVA Online Policies and Procedures
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.