Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Time Expectation | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Proctored Assessments | Your Email Account | Student Resources | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: ART 100 - Art Appreciation (3 Credits)
Semester: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Faculty: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Description and Prerequisites
Course Requisite Technical Skills
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons.
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation.
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system.
- Proficient searching the web for information
- Able to download and print information from websites
- Able to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Textbooks and Course Materials
Textbook information can be found on the NOVA Online Bookstore Website. For complete directions, including where to go to buy textbooks in person, see the NOVA Online web site.
You are required to purchase only the items marked Required. Other items marked Bookstore Recommended are optional. Uncheck the box next to each item you do not wish to purchase before proceeding with your order.
Notes for SSDL Students
SSDL students may purchase their textbooks from their campus bookstore or from the NOVA Online Bookstore Website. However, SSDL students using financial aid to pay for their books must purchase from their campus bookstore. Be sure to check the NOVA Online Bookstore Website for the ISBN number for the required textbook to ensure that you are buying the correct textbook from your campus bookstore. If you have any questions, please contact your home college liaison.
You may be required to access linked library resources for this course. When clicking on these links, you may be prompted to log in.
- To log in, use your VCCS username and password. This is the same username and password that you use to access your online course.
- For complete access to these materials, you also must be logged into your single sign-on page. This is the same page you use to access your Online Courses, Student Email, and VCCS Services. Please note, this page will time out with inactivity. You must be actively logged in to access the linked library materials in your course.
For questions or concerns, please email the NOVA Online Librarian.
Attendance Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Late Work Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Grading Turnaround Time:
All completed assignments will be graded no later than seven days after the due date, and sooner when possible.
Withdraw from the Course
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
Taking Proctored Assessments
Your Email Account
Accommodation Policy and Statements
NOVA Online Policies and Procedures
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.