Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Time Expectation | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Proctored Assessments | Your Email Account | Student Resources | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: ITN 154 - Introduction to Networks--Cisco (4 Credits)
Semester: INSTRUCTORS WILL ADD THE SEMESTER INFORMATION HERE (EG: FALL 2020)
Faculty: INSTRUCTORS WILL ADD NAME HERE
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Description and Prerequisites
Course Requisite Technical Skills
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons.
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation.
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system.
- Ability to proficiently search the web for information
- Ability to download and print information from websites
- Ability to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Additional (Optional) Textbooks and Course Materials
Textbooks that follow exactly the content in netacad for ITN 154:
- Introduction to Networks Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- By Cisco Networking Academy
- Published Jul 14, 2020 by Cisco Press
- ISBN-10: 0-13-663366-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-663366-2
Introduction to Networks Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Introduction to Networks course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA curriculum.
- By Allan Johnson, Cisco Networking Academy
- Published Jun 17, 2020 by Cisco Press. Part of the Lab Companion
- ISBN-10: 0-13-663445-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-663445-4
CCNA 200-301 Certification Guide – 2 volumes bundle:
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Library
- By Wendell Odom
- Published Dec 31, 2019 by Cisco Press. Part of the Official Cert Guide
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-714-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-714-2
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Library is a comprehensive review and practice package for the latest CCNA exam and is the only self-study resource approved by Cisco. The two books contained in this package, CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1 and CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, present complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience. The books have been fully updated to refresh the content for the latest CCNA exam topics and to enhance certain key topics that are critical for exam success.
CCNA 200-301 Certific ation Guide – Volume 1 covers ITN 154 and ITN 155
- ISBN-10: 0-13-579273-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-579273-5
CCNA 200-301 Certification Guide – Volume 2 covers ITN 156
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-713-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-713-5
Acquiring Textbooks and Course Materials
INSTRUCTORS WILL ADD ATTENDANCE POLICY HERE (IF N/A DELETE THIS HEADING)
Grading Turnaround Time:
INSTRUCTORS WILL ADD YOUR GRADING TURN AROUND TIME HERE
Late work policy:
INSTRUCTORS WILL ADD LATE WORK POLICY HERE
Withdraw from the Course
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
Taking Proctored Assessments
There are 2 proctored assessments in this course. The Midterm will be administered through Respondus Lockdown Browser, and the Final will be administered by the Instructor through Zoom.
Your Email Account
Accommodation Policy and Statements
NOVA Online Policies and Procedures
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.